The Soundtube CM-EZ-II is a two-way, blind-mount, in-ceiling speaker. The CM-EZ-II speaker design incorporates an 8-inch polypropylene driver with rubber surround and a 7.3 liter steel backcan for extended frequency response (54 Hz 22 kHz, - 10 dB). SoundTubes integrated CM-EZ-II design includes unique and patented blind-mount Snap Cam installation technology and a 21-gauge steel tile bridge ensuring rapid and secure installation in any drop-tile ceiling. For easy ordering, stocking and installation, the CM-EZ-II comes with a six-position tap switch for 25-, 70.7- and 100-volt modes with transformer bypass position position.
- One 8 inch polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround and one 1 inch polypropylene balanced dome tweeter with FerroFluid.
- Integrated backcan with 25/70.7/100-volt tap settings with transformer bypass position for ease of ordering, stocking and installation.
- Snap Cam four-point, spring-loaded mounting system for rapid installation.
- Quick-release mechanism for easy servicing.
- Adaptable to ceiling thicknesses ranging from 12.70 mm (0.5 in.) to 19.05 mm (0.75 in.).
- UL 1480 (UEAY) and 2043 approved.
- High-quality black or white paint finish. Custom colors optional.
- Included accessories: tile bridge, UL-listed flex conduit clamp, paint shield.
- Optional accessories: pre-construction bracket (AC-CM-EZ-PCB), junction box (AC-CM-EZ-JBOX).
- Frequency Response(-3 dB): 73 Hz - 19 kHz
- Low Frequency(-10 dB): 54 Hz - 22 kHz
- Sensitivity: 87.5 dB
- Power Capacity RMS: 40 W
- Max SPL dB @ 1 M: 103.5 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohm
- Tweeter: 1 in. Balanced-Dome
- Woofer: 8 in. Poly
- Connections: 18-gauge Hard-wired leads
- Visible Height: 0.20 inches
- Visible Diameter: 10.75 inches
- Backcan Height: 7.50 inches
- Backcan Width: 9.13 inches
- Weight: 7.0 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 7.9 lbs
- Colors: Black or white
- This model is WHITE