Traditional passive loudspeakers are the tried and true workhorses of the audio world. Paired with an appropriate power amplifier, passive speakers keep your event going solid all night long! Direct Pro Audio carries a broad range of passive speakers for every size and application.
Browse by Category:
How do I choose the right amplifier power for my speaker system?
Speaker and Amplifier Wiring Tips
- To prevent possible short circuits, wrap or otherwise insulate exposed loudspeaker cable or cable connectors.
- Do not use connectors that might accidentally tie conductors together when making or breaking the connection (for example, a standard, 1/4-inch stereo phone plug). Use a Neutrik Speakon® instead.
- Never use connectors that could be plugged into AC power sockets. Accidental AC input will be an electrifying experience for your equipment.
- Avoid using connectors with low current-carrying capacity, such as XLRs.
- Avoid amplifier load impedances lower then 4 OHM. For example, wiring three 8 OHM speakers together in a parallel circuit will yeild a 2 OHM impedance. Long speaker cable lengths or high gauge wire will drop the impeadance even lower, sometimes close to a dead short (that's bad).
|Join Our Mailing List|
For Email Marketing you can trust
- New Products
- Church Audio Template
- Clearance Center
- Financing Options
- Order Status
- Product Reviews